Friday, January 29, 2010

Tribute to a Loved One

I'm a big fan of self-publishing. It gives people the opportunity to actually publish their own book - a memoir - to preserve life's most precious moments. In this digital age, why bother pasting photos in a scrapbook when you can actually have a book created with your favorite photographs and memories to share with family and friends.




When my brother passed away on January 5, 2008, I wrote a tribute to read at his funeral entitled "Angel of Joy". The "joy" part of the title came easily since Jerry's joyous spirit was contagious; he made everyone laugh.




But, the real inspiration came from his five year-old grandson, Hunter, who asked, "Will a rocket ship take Papa to heaven?"

After considerable encouragement, I created a book including his eulogy and a little story I wrote about his arrival in heaven. "Angel of Joy" is my gift to his family to celebrate Jerry's spirit and to give them comfort. My hope is that anyone - child or adult - who has lost a loved one would also find comfort in this short tale.

You can view and purchase the book at the Blurb Bookstore - just click on the link.








2 comments:

  1. Janice great story of your brother's life and passing very touching but gives people hope that there's more to life than we realize.
    Keep up the great writing your very talented good luck with your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Your comment means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete